Wednesday, April 19, 2006

From "Mr. Dan Shaffer and his cast of second grade favorites"

Dear Cast of "Dorothy & the Land of Oz: Thanks for the wonderful performance on Tuesday, April 18, 2006. Our kids get very few chances to see live theater and the chances they most often see are somewhat unpolished. It was good to see top notch actors doing a fabulous job. Some of the comments from my class are as follows: Jonathan: "I liked when they found the Tin Man." Hannah: "I liked it when the Witch was melting and stopped to get a drink." Chelsea: "I liked it when Taylor went up there and said 'Yes' that she would marry the man." Riley: "I liked when the Scarecrow kept falling down." Morgan: "I like it when Auntie Em was yelling for Dorothy." Micah: "I liked it when Dorothy asked the Scarecrow, 'What's 2=2?' and the Scarecrow said, '22'." Katherine: "I liked it when the flying monkeys were chasing Dorothy." Taylor: "I like it when the Lion thought he didn't have courage." Angel: "I liked it when Dorothy smacked the Lion." Timber: "I like the part when the guy came out and he was just a normal guy." The kids were impressed as you can see. We hope to see you again. We hope the rest of your tour goes well. Sincerely, Mr. Shaffer's Second Grade

Wow! What a wonderful letter! Thank you so much for writing to us.
KB

1 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you so much to all of you in Mr. Shaffer's Second grade class and all your wonderful peers who attended our performance. We had an absolute blast at your school and cannot tell you how thrilled we are that you enjoyed yourselves. We certainly hope you get around to reading some of the adventures in OZ and perhaps dragging your families to watch some more theatre, haha. Sarah and I had a biiiig dinner tonight, and now must surrender to sleep before our shows tomorrow morning. You are in our thoughts! <3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home